Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Give Thanks

Made it through another Thanksgiving turkey day and the forks were flying. But sadly there were NO leftovers. Really. NONE. So this week no turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce and stuffing. Not even a piece of pumpkin pie to go with my morning coffee. Sounds a little sad, but honestly, I could not be more thankful. Thankful for my family who in our own strange ways make the holiday special. Thankful for my home and the fact that along with my 401k, it's worth a little more than this time last year. Thankful for friends and the people I meet each day who make it their mission to be nice, pleasant and respectful of the differences in each of us. I am thankful for my job and for this company that works very hard to be upstanding in our community. And in the morning, when I stop by the local Starbucks, I will be thankful they have turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce and stuffing and delicious pumpkin lattes.

No comments: