Monday, October 11, 2010

Metal Roofing in New Mexico!

Straight from Metal Roof Country.  I just got back from a most glorious week in Red River, New Mexico.  I thought if I posted a picture of the amazing cabin, one of the originals in the area, with its cute new metal roof, I could justify blogging about my adventure.  Actually, in the area everything is clad with metal, new and old, big, small, over-the-top and even the outhouses (thank goodness we had indoor plumbing!). I spent the days hiking and fishing and the nights watching the deer (11 at our peak) and the big black bear that visited us 3 nights in a row. The elevation is at just over 10,000 feet, so snow was already starting to dust the hill tops, and by Christmas, they can expect several feet to be resting on their roofs.  Metal is a must in Red River, for many of the same reasons it makes so much sense in Washington: tree debris; snow; large amounts of rainfall; and winds.  Now that I am back....let's work on getting metal roofing for your project!

No comments: